Ir al contenido principal



— ¡Talento, desde luego! La aptitud natural en su máxima expresión. Nunca lo olvides: Mathematicus nascitur non fit ; el matemático nace, no se hace. Si no tienes esa aptitud especial en los genes, trabajarás en vano durante toda tu vida y un día acabarás siendo un mediocre. Un mediocre distinguido, quizá, pero mediocre al fin.

Debería señalar para el profano en la materia que los libros de matemáticas no suelen leerse como las novelas, en la cama, la bañera, un cómodo sillón o sentados en la taza del váter. En este caso, leer significa entender, y para ello es preciso contar con una superficie dura, papel, lápiz y bastante tiempo libre.

Feb 24, 2011







Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

“Learn to get in touch with the silence within yourself, and know that everything in life has purpose. There are no mistakes, no coincidences, all events are blessings given to us to learn from…” ~ Elisabeth Kubler-Ross

Have You Been Called "Oversensitive?" Read This!

This is something I read and  totally related with, so that is why I wanted to share it with you all: I'm a "deep feeler." At least, that's what my therapist calls it.  Emotional. Delicate. Receptive. Sensitive.  I laugh wholeheartedly. I cry somewhat often. I love others into the depths of my soul.  Perhaps you can relate; maybe you're a deep feeler, too?  The truth is, I think there are a lot of us out there — sometimes hiding away, hoping no one finds out our dirty, little secret (that we actually have emotions — oh my!). And that's exactly why I decided to write this article today.  I feel compelled to reach out to other sensitive people because I know how challenging it can be. I know sometimes you can be hard on yourself; I know your sensitivity can feel like a curse. I know you fear your feelings might alienate you from others, and I know that sometimes they probably do.  I also know that there is nothing wrong with yo...